LEADING FROM THE MIDDLE FAQs
Leading from the Middle focuses on the dilemmas, challenges, system power possibilities and contributions of middle positions. The workshop offers Barry Oshry’s classic Top, Middle, Bottom, Customer experiential exercise, highlighting issues essential to successful Middle life.
Middle managers looking to increase their influence and impact and become drivers of change in their organization.
Executives committed to strengthening their organizations by supporting leadership from the middle.
The purpose of the LEADING FROM THE MIDDLE WORKSHOP is for participants to share an intense interactive activity around human systems dynamics that engages them to examine:
- How the organization is viewed through the eyes of top executives, middle managers, individual contributors, and customers
- How they are at times a top, a middle, a bottom, and a customer, and how position influences behavioral choices
- How Middles become torn and stressed, and how to turn that around
- How their behaviors impact those around them
- How Middles reflexively fall into traps that inhibit their ability to integrate across the organization
- How partnership across boundaries (i.e., levels, functions, departments, organizations) increases productivity and overall satisfaction